The portal for ordering Chromebooks for the 2019-20 academic year will open on 4th July 2019 to enable students to purchase Chromebooks for September 2019.
Please log on to our JHGS parent purchasing portal and enter either JHGS22-22 for the device options or JHGS24-24 for the option to purchase the licence/insurance only option.
There are options to purchase the device outright or over 12, 24 or 36 months.
Can I purchase a Chromebook myself from the High Street?
You can, if you wish to, purchase a different model (or the same) from any retailer that you choose. The recommended minimum specifications are: 4 GB RAM, Celeron 3350 processor (or better) and 16GB storage.
You will also need to purchase a JHGS licence for £18.90 via the portal. You will have the option to purchase insurance too if you wish.
What happens if I already own a Chromebook?
You will still need to purchase a JHGS licence for £18.90 via the portal. You will have the option to purchase insurance too if you wish.
Education Technology Insurance (Accidental Damage & Theft) Key Facts:
- No Excess
- Cover includes Accidental Damage, Theft, Flood Damage, Fire Damage, Malicious Damage
- Worldwide cover up to 90s days in a 12 month period
- Automatic reinstatement after a successful claim
- Loss is NOT covered (this includes devices that go missing from an unlocked/unattended classroom)
- Accessories such as cases, power cables, stylus, external keyboards etc are not covered
- Student claims limit: 2 successful claims within the first 12 months, 3 successful claims over the duration of the scheme (if device being used as a 1:1 device)
- School are insurance policy holder, students are ‘authorised users’
- Device must be kept in an approved case at all times (slip case for laptops)
How do I make an insurance claim?
You will be provided with a policy and claims document detailing how to make an insurance claim.
What happens if I cannot afford to join the scheme?
Please contact the School to discuss your options.