School Uniform is an important part of JHGS's identity and the policy will be enforced.
Black Blazer - Blazer Badge embroidered on pocket
Dark grey or black trousers
Shoes of the black leather type (no suede or trainers) and laces should be the same colour as the shoes
Socks of a plain, dark colour
Workshop apron - navy blue
JHGS backpack (sold by Sportcrest, 1 Whiteheart Street, High Wycombe)
Pullover - black with a v neck. This may be plain or PMG sell one with the school swan embroidered on it.
PMG Schoolwear at 5 Church Square, High Wycombe stock the school uniform.
They can be contacted on 01494 529693 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Uniform can also be purchased online via their website.
Visit PMG Schoolwear here
Uniform can also be purchased from John Lewis.
Visit John Lewis here
While certain items of clothing may be purchased elsewhere, the style and material must conform with the uniform as sold by these outfitters.
In cold or inclement weather boys are expected to wear a plain coat to school. Hoodies are not allowed.
PE and Games Kit
- Reversible games jersey
- Either football or rugby shorts
- Games socks
- Plus suitable footwear for the activity
Optional items include:
- Non-reversible lightweight polo shirt
- Base layer with JHGS on sleeve
- Rain jacket tracksuit top
- Tracksuit bottoms
- JHGS sports bag
The following are the previous requirements
- Plain White JHGS short-sleeved polo with embroidered school crest
- Plain white sports socks
- White plimsolls (Gum soled) e.g. Hi-Tec - these must have white uppers and be kept exclusively for indoor use. Black and other coloured soles will not be permitted indoors.
- Plain black shorts (nylon or polycotton)
- JHGS black sleeveless athletics vest with gold bands
- Games Jersey (black and amber reversible)
- Socks - Black/Two amber bands on turnover
- Plain black shorts (rugby type), with pocket
- Football or Rugby boots with screw in safety studs or moulded sole.
- Outdoor training or running shoes (for athletics, hockey, tennis etc. They must not be worn indoors)
- Mouthguard - essential for hockey and rugby
Microfiber black tracksuit top with embroidered badge - only available from SportCrest.
Rackets and Bats
Black tracksuit trousers
All compulsory sports items are available from SportCrest (87 Eden Walk Gallery, High Wycombe, Bucks HP11 2BJ)
Visit Sport Crest here
Optional JHGS branded sports kit is available from Tacklebag via http://shop.tacklebag.co.uk/schools/john-hampden-grammar-school/ This clothing is particularly relevant for extra-curricular sport and includes options such as a racket sport t-shirt, a rugby contact top and even a beanie.
Second hand uniform and sports kit is available from the PA RUSH shop. Click here to email the PA