John Hampden Grammar school is an outstanding school. It provides a caring and nurturing environment for its students and prepares them exceptionally well for their future lives. - OFSTED 2008
The last full OFSTED inspection was in 2008 when the School was rated outstanding. The full report can be read here
... they (students) make outstanding progress by the end of Year 13, achieve excellent results in A-level examinations and are extremely well prepared for higher education and their future working lives.
In May 2011 the school underwent a subject inspection for geography. Overall the department was rated outstanding and the full report can be found here.
The report contains some of the following comments:
- Attainment is exceptionally high
- Students make rapid progress
- Very good use is made of multimedia and information communication technology
- Excellent relationships between adults and students means that lessons proceed at a rapid pace
- Teaching is underpinned by ambitious target setting